Menu
kilboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Moving T box?

Hi, 

I've got an engineer appt booked for Tues 13th to install the broadband but when the guys came out last week to run the cable from the street to the house they said the T box needed to be moved so they couldn't run the cable. They said they'd logged this. T box appeara to be the little hatch in the street with a virginmedia logo on it. 

Sooo what are my chances of this box being moved and the cable being run to my house before the engineer gets here to connect my router to thin air?

Bonus points if my old BT broadband and phone still cuts off as well. 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving T box?

If you mean the T box in the pavement and it requires some digging up of the pavement or road, then the chances are zero. They have to receive acknowledgement/permission  from your local council for that and that can tke up to 8 weeks and then they have to organise it into the schedules of their digging teams, then........

lets hope no digging is required.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
kilboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, 

Yeah the little hatch in the pavement needs moving about a foot or so to the left or they'd have had to drill through my neighbours wall according to the people who initially came to hook it up to the house. 

I guess I'm going to spend monday listening to hold music. :'(

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Pre-installation and delivery team are on.. 0800 052 1734.
Calling at 08.00 Monday would be the time to call to get through with least wait time

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
kilboy
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

Will give them a bell on Monday. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kilboy,

Thank you for your post. 

Have you been able to speak with the team concerning this?

^Martin

0 Kudos
kilboy
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes, thanks. I got an email shortly after I made the post pushing the installation date back due to the extra work needing to be done. 

My BT broadband/phone is still running so they must have updated the switchover date with them too. 

The wheels are slowly turning. Wish me luck! 😉

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to hear this resolved for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos