Menu
antdow
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving Internal Wall Box (Network and Phone Ports)

Please can someone kindly give me the correct answer.

I recently spoke to a Virgin Media sales person to upgrade my service from M100 to 1Gig (will be receiving my new hub later this week) on the basis that it was possible for VM to move my internal wall box (network and phone ports) from its existing location (front wall) to another location (side wall) in order that the router can sit near the television (central chimney breast) without having unsightly cables or trunking across the room. They told me to call the Technical Team and this could be booked in without a problem.

After phoning them, being put on hold for an eternity, eventually getting through and getting cut off twice during the triage process, I started to research online and understand that Virgin Media cannot offer this service (I assume due to COVID restrictions) which was historically offered at £99 flat rate for a non-fault call out.

Is this really true that I was given incorrect info?  And secondly, can someone advise when this service may be resumed (now lockdown is being eased)?

Thanks everyone.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Internal Wall Box (Network and Phone Ports)

VM will not move boxes or cables right now.
You will have to wait until things change. No dates when this will be yet.

VM are not carrying out non essential works currently
antdow
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Internal Wall Box (Network and Phone Ports)

Disappointing that the sales people didn't know this and let me continue with the upgrade! Maybe they DID know and that's why I got cut off twice by their colleagues!!!! Pfffff!

0 Kudos