Menu
Leannea22
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving Hub

Hi, I have moved house, the previous owners had the virgin hub in the garage, which means weak signal around the house. How can I book an engineer visit to move the location of the hub? I cannot get through to anyone to discuss this. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Hub

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Hub

VM charge £99 for "non-fault" call outs.  You may therefore need to prepare to argue your case that having a hub in the garage is not an acceptable provision, and that it is VM's responsibility to provide their service to you (regardless of what any previous occupier asked them to do) with reasonable skill and care (as required by the Consumer Rights Act 2015), and that having a hub in the garage does not pass that test.

If VM won't budge, then pay the £99 asking the staff to make a file note that this is paid under protest and will be raised as a complaint, then raise a formal complaint asking for the money back, identifying that if this is not done then you will escalate to CISAS the industry arbitration scheme.  Whilst it's free for you to take a complaint to CISAS, if the complaint is within the scheme;s terms of reference then VM have to pay CISAS, so it is very much in their interest to be reasonable and either not charge you, or to refund you.  You have to wait eight weeks from a formal complaint to VM to going to CISAS, so this isn't quick, but is likely to be effective.

But give it a day or three and see what if the forum staff can get this sorted quickly and amicably - they're a helpful lot, and it is in everybody's interest to see this sorted without invoking complaints or arbitration. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks