cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home

asuff
Tuning in

Moving Home With Virgin Broadband..... 

It should be simple. Disconnect services at my previous address, connect at the new house. No, Virgin Media have to make a complete hash of it. Firstly the disgusting £30 installation fee, for me to carry out the installation myself  🤔 So what is that fee for exactly ? Charging me to do your engineers job. Not happy with that one at all. The install kit arrives a day late. It is simply a single cable and should be plug and play. Nope doesn't work. The expensive £30 cable is simply a standard cable with a class A++ LTE Band isolator in line. However, the main cable coming into the house already has a Class A isolator which unless you remove the wall box you would never notice. Do I leave that in place or remove that prior to connecting the new cable. No explanation is given in the documentation. After trying everything I can, no joy and still no Broadband.

Next step is contact VM for assistance. However, earlier this week my VM mobile was changed to O2. In doing so I have lost 5g service and I struggle to even get 3g, let alone 4 or 5g, even though last week I was getting fantastic signal on VM sim. Now I am not even able to contact VM for assistance. My new Broadband contract should have started yesterday but here I am having to drive to a friends house to use Internet. VM need to get in contact with me sharpish, because otherwise I'm cancelling and going with another gigabit service instead and dumping my now O2 mobile. I wouldn't mind really, but I changed to Virgin Mobile a few years back specifically to get off of O2. Now it looks like I'll again he dumping O2 and this diabolical Broadband from Virgin as well. 

4 REPLIES 4

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

There is no charge if a manned installation is necessary.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You're not the first to have been switched to 02 and lost 5G service.  I'd suggest you cancel the new contract, and negotiate a new one without the SIM.  Then get yourself a separate EE contract. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi asuff,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. 

We're sorry to hear that you house move has now gone as smoothly as anticipated and you have been left without a working broadband service. This is not the service we're aiming to provide to ay customer.

We would like to investigate this matter further, and if possible, get an engineer arranged to come and fix this issue for you.

Please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi asuff,

Thanks for the private message and for cheering my morning up with your story.

We're really pleased that you're all up and running and ready to go.

If you need any further help with anything in the future, pop back here and we'll be happy to assist.

Kind regards Jodi.