Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home,

I don’t understand why something so simple can get messed up. Today, I moved in to my partner’s home and transferred my package and arranged this all with Virgin weeks in advance, I received an email to tell me to take my boxes and hub with me. A really nice installer came round first thing this morning and explained he was told it was a new customer and brought with him new TiVo boxes and hub. Ok not the end of the world. He did a nice job installing a 2nd box to another room.

My partner already has Virgin but then was told a new telephone number had been given to the address, I had explained in numerous conversations the number was to stay the same.

Spent an age getting through to support to explain this and now have to wait days to get the old number back.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home,

" don’t understand why something so simple can get messed up."

nothing at all simple about what you are trying to do.

You can only have 1 VM account per address. If there is already one there you can't just simply move yours. That would cancel the current account as "gone away"

while it may be possible to so you'd have to talk to CS and see whats possible as this is not a standard setup

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home,

Appreciate the reply but at no time did anyone say there would be an issue, in fact they couldn’t be more helpful at the time and as I am just end user I am led by the so called experts
0 Kudos