Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home

Hi,

I am moving home and managed to get in touch last week and the date for connection and reconnection was arragend provisionally as I had no date confirmed at the time.

I have now got the correct date, which is a week earlier but for the last 3 days I have been unable to get in touch with chat. I have been waiting for several hours at a time, currently today I have been waiting for 8 hours for an agent to answer!!!!

I am unable to call the line as due to covid the centres are closed and they advise its only possible via chat....

I was also meant to get a confirmation email for a service upgrade at time of service moveover but this has not been received by my normal email account and I can not access my virgin email as it says my inbox is unavailable at this time, this has been going on for a week now....

Any assistance or advice is welcome!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home

So yesterday I had the chat screen open for 12 hours with no response, Ive now also sent a text to the mobile number in the hopes of some contact.

This is the 4th day in a row I´ve been trying.....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi the call centres are open from 8am till 8pm 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, i know its hard to get through because the off shore centres are closed, so they are running with reduced staff, people are getting through try first thing in the morning.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info Micky, but when I go through the options and get to the 'moving home' option, it merely advises me to use the 'message us' option online and then drops the call
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @Wiebke 

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had these issues.

Have you had a response from the text messaging service as of yet? 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak_M

I got a response yesterday around 3pm asking if it was to do with moving home and then told they were trasnferring me to the correct team and ould be 24hrs before Igota response, still waiting on that.

I took the chance to call and got through to someone and he managed to amend the date, but told him I never received the email confirming and detailing an upgrade of service that is happening at move.

My issue is that I dont know if its being sent to my email address associated with the account or my virgin media email, problem is i cant log onto my virgin email as any time i try to do so it tells me that myinbox is not available at this time....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wiebke,

Thanks for coming back to us. Apologies for the time it has taken for you to arrange your move and transfer order. Unfortunately this is not something we deal with through our community forums.

If you need confirmation of your upgrade upon moving and what email address we have sent the confirmation too you would need to speak to our movers team again on the number 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 3. 

Our team will be able to confirm the above for you and inform you of what email address we have registered, if we need to change the email address to an alternative we can do so for you.

With regards to your virgin email address being unavailable at the moment we can get this unlocked from here for you.

Let me know if you would like help with your email account.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos