Menu
golflima
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home - Connection Pre-Install - Virgin Pantomime?

Are you sitting comfortably? - Then I'll begin. Happy Virgin Media Customer prepares to move home and calls VM on 11 Dec... 'Yes of course we can supply you at your new address sir...'. After seeking reassurance because there is no evidence of cable, the date was confirmed by the agent.

Even happier VM customer books installation date with agent for 17 Dec and arranges to be off work. Date arrives but no VM. Now unhappy customer 'phones VM '..oh someone has cancelled your installation...' When asked by whom, for what reason and when exactly they were going to inform me the very nice person from the non-UK call centre could not answer. No apology but arranged a new installation date of 30th Dec.

Re-scheduled installation date arrives and VM internal man turns up to connect me (hurrah) but says (yes viewers you have guessed it) that '...there is no cable laid so I can't connect you...! (Boo).

Now very unhappy customer rings VM again and was assured install contractor would be there that day (oh yes he will) and that the internal guy had simply turned up too early (oh no he hadn't). Waited in for the rest of the day and unsurprisingly no cable team.

Now fuming customer who needs this connection to work from home yet again rings VM to find out what the x*!$ is going on. Call centre in outer Mongolia unapologetically offers to arrange a new date on outside cable install on 02 Jan and inside install on 12 Jan. After gentle and polite rant at agent, he  generously offers to waive the installation fee of £35! (never mind me having to take 2 days off work for VM no-shows).  

Can you guess what happens next children...? 02 Jan comes and goes with no cable layers of course! What I envisage the next act in this panto to be is that there will still be no cable by 12 Jan and when (and if) the inside man turns up he will simply scratch (hopefully just) his head, shrug his shoulders and yet again disappear down the yellow brick road...

Please do come back to this thread and read the next thrilling instalment(!) of 'A Virgin Pantomime is Not Just For Christmas'

I will keep you informed.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home - Connection Pre-Install - Virgin Pantomime?

Good morning @golfima. 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I really am sorry to hear that you have had these issues in getting set up at your new address. 

I would really like to take a look into things and see if we are able to assist further. 

In order to do so, I am going to need to drop you a PM. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
golflima
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home - Connection Pre-Install - Virgin Pantomime? Continued....

Pantomime Turns to Farce !

Recap - Virgin promises continuance of service to established contented customer moving. Virgin make 3 x installation bookings but fail to turn up with no explanation.

Continued....

...... Exasperated Customer elated and honoured to be contacted by the Moderator of this Forum who offered to contact the area manager direct to find out what is going on with the promised (but absent) installation. Very impressed that a Moderator would take the time to actually address an issue which should have been attended to by Customer Services and the Pre-Installation team themselves - Bravo Moderator!!!

News back is not good however with the Moderator passing on the news from the area manager that Virgin are unable to provide a service to my address (my new home is only 2.5 miles from Wisbech Town Centre!). Whilst the news is to me devastating - it is at least a definitive answer which will allow me to move on - I am however very angry that the Virgin Website is inaccurate (click to see what is available in your area (postcode)), and further that the staff of Virgin have been stringing me on for weeks (which included me taking 2 x days off work to wait for the installation teams which never materialised); I mean when was someone actually going to get around to telling me?

I need the internet for work and now I know Virgin can't help - I will go to someone who will (probably BT). After 15 years of being a Virgin customer (and their predecessor) it has left a bitter taste in the mouth and a total loss of faith in Virgin - and that ranges to all there businesses from the Airline to Virgin Mobile.

The Moderator on the Forum is Brill - the Company is farcical - and I take no pleasure in saying that.

Goodbye people - goodbye Virgin (for ever)

0 Kudos