cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Brown box to rear of House?

Tidders19931
Joining in

I will be shortly moving into my partners house in which she has the virgin brown box to the front of the house. We both spend time working from home and for our jobs in which most of the work is in the rear office of the house. So we would want the entry point being the rear of the house. 

I understand that for a fee you can relocate the cable but does that just involve running a cable through the house or would a new entry point be placed to the rear of the house?  As she is very against the cable running throughout the house.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For the £25 fee, a VM technician should be able to cable around the outside of the house to where you need the Hub.   Make sure you get all the cabling done in the one visit, or you will have to pay another £25 to move anything later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My issue though is it’s a terraced town town house so no access to either side of the house.

Should of mentioned that sorry. 

Ah, well in that case there’s no alternative but to run the cable through the inside of the house.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tidders19931,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

As posted above if you were to move a omnibox it would incur a £25 charge however it seems you wouldn't be able to do so.

It seems like you'll need to run the cable through the property. 

This thread will stay open let us know whether you would like us to process it 🙂

Thanks,

Kain