Menu
Haribo_Fiend
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Moved one floor down in building, can’t transfer service

I have been with Virgin Media for over 4 years now and this past weekend I moved one floor down within my building. I’ve been told that Virgin Media doesn’t service this flat within the building, but haven’t been told why. The customer service rep said on the phone they can’t say why exactly unless an engineer comes out to do a survey of the building.

I’ve now had five separate times scheduled for an engineer to come out, but no one has ever turned up. Virgin Media phone reps in the Movers Department keep scheduling these visits but engineers continue to not turn up. The phone reps tell me there isn’t anything they can do except schedule another visit - which ultimately doesn’t happen. 

I don’t understand why my service can’t be transferred to my new flat. I’ve been told it could be because of the location of the Virgin Media box outside (which seems odd, since my old flat above me has a cable going into it), or the landlord didn't approve it previously (I now have in writing the landlord approves it), or due to capacity issues (again, strange, since it would be one out - my old flat - and one in - my new flat). However, they can't say for sure without an engineer coming out to the flat to have a look. But I am continuously in a position where the scheduled engineer is not turning up.

What else can I do? I am desperate for help at this point. I have no internet and despite dozens - literally dozens - of calls to Virgin Media the last week, no one seems to be able or willing to help. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved one floor down in building, can’t transfer service

capacity is not a 1 out 1 in type of thing/

it's down to utilization. If they had 100 people signed up and it was at 50% usage. if over the lockdown/WFH etc the usage of them 100 people goes up by 4 times they need 50 of them to leave to be under capacity.

Its more likey that you needs spotter.
0 Kudos
Haribo_Fiend
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what the difference is between an engineer and a spotter? 

Whoever I keep speaking to in the Movers Department keeps calling the Area Field Manager, who supposedly schedules the visits - but no one ever actually turns up.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

engineer install and do work. spotters check if work is possible
0 Kudos
Haribo_Fiend
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for your reply. I've called the Movers Department 24 times since Monday - just counted in my call log. I've explained the issue time and time again to service reps who aren't helping. I would just like someone (a spotter) to come out to my building and find out why exactly my new flat can't be connected to the existing Virgin Media box on my building - or perhaps it can. I can't seem to get any clear answers! 

I was told to post on here as the mods here might be more responsive since the Movers Department over the phone seems unable or unwilling to help. This has been an absolute nightmare. I was on the phone today alone for 6 hours. 

0 Kudos
Haribo_Fiend
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin Media Movers Department is now not answering my calls at all. It rings and rings and after about 10 minutes of ringing someone picks up and then immediately hangs up. 

This has happened 10 times in the last hour. I’m hung up on each time. How is it acceptable to avoid your customers’ calls??

0 Kudos
Haribo_Fiend
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin isn’t answering my calls at all at this point. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do next? 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

wait for staff to get to the post here
0 Kudos
Haribo_Fiend
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

LOL thank you, I will try to be patient! Not one of my strong suits...

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Haribo_Fiend.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Have you been able to reach our team since posting? Have there been any updates regarding this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos