Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moved in, Existing box in flat

Hi there,

I've moved into a new flat and the previous tenant has left a virgin box with no power cable it appears, and it is wired into the wall with the white cable and nut attached to the box - photos attached of box left behind. I can't remove the box with the nut screwed to the cable.

https://ibb.co/qrg6LJr - image here

I want to order the Big Bundle so I can get internet (as currently just using a hotspot which isn't working well for working from home) and also TV (as currently can't get any TV signal for channels on TV). I've looked into ordering but I'm only being given QuickStart delivery as an option at checkout and not an engineer to come out and install it.

If I get QuickStart delivery, will I be able to install and set up myself with the setup that has been left behind? And if I need an engineer, are they still coming out at this time for installations?

Thanks! 😁

Hannah

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved in, Existing box in flat

Hi

PM me some details and I will assist you

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The ‘nut’ on that F plug should be easy to remove with a small spanner, pair of pliers or even some nutcrackers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The nut is part of the cable. It shouldn't be to tight.

Looking at the modem from the back (as in your picture) rotate it anti-clockwise.
The cable with the nut on the end will then come away.

The self install kit should come with everything you need.
This will be a 'splitter' that you attach to the cable you have just removed.
Then two cables from the splitter - one to your new modem and one to your new V6 TV box.

Easy to do.

0 Kudos