Menu
lina101
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moved houses and now my online account says I'm not a customer

So I just spent 40 fruitless minutes on a call with Virgin Media, which then disconnected and they did not call me back. So I'm not sure what to do, because I don't think I can bear to do that again.

I moved houses 2 weeks ago and we brought Virgin with us. They sent us a new box and we've gotten a bill in the mail at our new address and our account number and area reference are the same.

However, when I log in to my account, it shows my account number and area reference, but says: 

You're not with Virgin Media anymore
If there's any information you want to grab from your account, you have 90 days from your disconnection date to do so. Please make sure you retrieve all your important emails and files before this time.

The representative on the phone said that I had to register again, which I tried while I was on the phone, and wasn't able to. So she took all of my information and said she would register the "new" account for me. She left me on hold for ten minutes and then disconnected the call, and I still can't access any of my account details. I assume she disconnected because she wasn't able to register my account that's already registered and she didn't want to deal with it. Otherwise, of course, she would have called me back since she had my account open in front of her. 

Any thoughts on how I can deal with this without wasting more time on these horrible and pointless calls? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved houses and now my online account says I'm not a customer

Hi Lina101,

Thanks for posting. This does seem odd. Let me help you with this.

I'll send you a quick PM to get some details as we'll be discussing account specific information.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
lina101
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved houses and now my online account says I'm not a customer

I've just PMed you

0 Kudos