Menu
TSparkes
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moved house

I moved home yesterday taking virgin with me. I received a pack through the post but no details of my new broadband password. My husband has connected the TiVo box but we are getting an error code. I have tried to look into this online but the link is broken! My virgin media says my account is closed but I am unable to register the new account as it says my email address is already in use, of course it is, with the old account! I tried to send a message to complain but it won't let me as it says my account is closed. So frustrating, I don't know how to get the help I need.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house

Is the pack you received through the post new equipment? Or is it a new contract.? The new paperwork should include your new account number. 

If it's new equipment then look at the base of the hub and you will see the new SSID and password details.

You may need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub. You will need the hub serial number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a shift and move to transfer your details across from the old account to the new one.

Forum Staff may be able to do this for you, however it may take from a few days to a week.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
TSparkes
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house

The pack was just cables, we brought the equipment from our old place. It was however missing the connector cable. I will try to call tomorrow to get it sorted but have a feeling it will take forever to get through!

0 Kudos