Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moved house, no internet

I've just moved house, from just outside Bournemouth to Bournemouth proper, I emailed the moving team on the 22nd of last month and received an email that said they would call me.

I have received no call, I suspect because the call centres are inoperational, but I have been unable to get my broadband working. I've done everything the website has advised, tried calling the help number to no avail, checked the status of my area, flicked switches and reconnected cables, all to be met with the same flashing lights as before.

Please help, I've been at this since yesterday and I'm getting nowhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house, no internet

You could try the pre-installation and delivery team - they may have more info. On.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tengu22,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you've got connection issues, is everything else working, like TV or landline?

Can you advise which VM Hub do you have and which light is flashing?

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Corey_c,

I don't use any other services, just broadband; which still isn't working, some 5 days later.

I have the hub 3. The power light flashes green, while the top Wi-Fi light remains a steady green, and the internet light between the two flashes, turns red then is extinguished before the cycle starts again.

My hardware does not seem to be at fault, it worked perfectly in my previous house, and all physical connections seem sound. 

I think Virgin just needs to enable the service. Any help you can give would be gratefully received, as I am at my wits end, and seriously considering changing provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tengu22, 

Thanks for confirming. 

I would need to check your account to see whether a move and transfer has been completed. If it hasn't I will need to refer you to the relevant team who will be able to process this for you, unfortunately this is one of the thing's we're unable to do from here. 

In order to get your account details I have sent you a private message please reply when you can and I'll do my best to help you. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos