Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moved house; engineer no-show; “You've left Virgin Media”

Dear community,

Alas I have become a customer with complex needs...

- I moved house last week with an existing VM broadband contract

- Engineer scheduled to visit yesterday afternoon but appears not to have showed

- myvirginmedia account now says “you’ve left virgin media” in the bills section

- There’s no virgin media call facility now due to covid19

Any ideas?

Like so many others broadband critical to enable work from home. Can join BT as I now realise there’s a bt connection setup and ready to go. If I could confirm that my contract has magically ended as myvirginmedia.com suggests I could do this.

- Finally, does anyone know what happens to a virgin mobile account when your virgin media contract ends (I.e. if the original mobile deal was tied to a VM contract)?

I do have sympathy and understanding of course for the covid19 issues at virgin that may underly some of the above difficulties.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house; engineer no-show; “You've left Virgin Media”

Just wondering, further to above, does anybody know of a way to contact virgin at the moment? It seems that all call centres are now not contactable...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you install the app you can get them on there still, but expect a week between each response. There's also webchat and a text sevrice with similar timeframe.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pls check your email and reply

Thankav

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both. Looks like I'll be able to get a VM assistant to call but this may take quite a while.

In the mean time, given the current crisis, there may be a need to cancel the contract if no engineer can be arranged (this would be regrettable but realistically may be a possibility). In preparation for this possibility it would be very useful to hear the following.

What happens to a virgin mobile account if an associated virgin media contract ends? i.e. when the mobile account was originally taken up on the basis of 'for virgin media customers only'?

0 Kudos