Menu
tsong
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moved house and no service

Area 07, Hub 2ac

Moved house on 11 December. Brought hub 2ac from previous address and activated my account via SMS on 13 December. All was fine for 5-6 days then internet access was intermittent for a day and have no internet access at all since then. 

Use the VM apps' 'Message us' feature but kept getting asked the same question over and over 'whether I still needed help' and takes ages for anyone to get back. By then it's the following day and I have to start over. 

Ran the 'run test on my kit' in the app and get a yellow exclamation mark on step 3, which I presume means it's not working. Have ordered a hub 3 and this will only arrive on 29 December. Called customer service and visit from technician arranged for 4 Jan.

Looking at the 'bills' section on the VM app, I can see an installation charge of £5 will be added to my next bill. What is this charge for? Is it for the hub 3, which I ordered? Didn't see any notice about an installation for the hub 3 as I indicated that I would be able to install this myself.

Also, having been without any service for almost the entire month (assuming service won't be restored until visit from VM technician on 4 Jan), will I be compensated for the loss of service? Customer service rep says this will be calculated automatically? Can anyone confirm?

Many thanks.

Terence

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved house and no service

See this...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
tsong
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house and no service

Thanks for the link.

Called customer service and it seems something wasn't fully activated. Helpful gent on the line enabled it, and now started working yesterday. Have cancelled technician visit. Just waiting for hub 3 to arrive on 29th.

0 Kudos