Menu
Miles123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moved house and broadband stopped working

I've recently moved house and my internet is not connecting. When the line was originally set up at the new address, the engineer used a temporary hub and that connected fine. Virgin picked it up last week and I switched to my existing hub, it cannot connect to the broadband.

I've factory reset it, but that hasn't helped. It boots up fine and shows a white light indicating everything is fine, but when you go to the hub's status page it says it cannot establish a broadband connection.

There have been similar threads on this forum that indicate my account needs to be activated and I need to do this over the phone. Unfortunately it's impossible to get through to anyone on the phone. It looks like a few people on the forum can help, can you help me? 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house and broadband stopped working

Try ringing at around 8am for the best result, or you can wait on here but be prepared it may take several days. 

0 Kudos
Miles123
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house and broadband stopped working

I just got through on the phone after an hour and got the problem sorted, will wonders never cease! 

They meant to take my old hub away instead of the temporary one. Which I'm not sure is true because they checked the serial number when they picked it up. Anyway, the old hub has been activated and I have internet again!

0 Kudos