Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Moved home, still can't connect

• Hi, I hope you are doing well.I moved house three days ago taking my Virgin Media with me but I still can't connect. Everything seems alright at first but eventually the green WiFi light goes off and the only light on is a solid white one. I did everything they said to do and I tried several times but it's never been possible to connect. I also received an email saying that my contract was closed, which is not what I asked for. Could someone help me please?..I'm desperate..Thanks a lot!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved home, still can't connect

Hi giada0jade,

As part of the moving house process VM close your orignal account down, and set up a new account at your new address.

This page shows What the lights on your router mean , which going by what you are seeing is the 2nd one down on the left.

Going by that tt looks like the Hub is online and working. This means it’s probably your device which is struggling to connect to your WiFi. Follow the instructions to try and rectify the issue.

If that fails then there may be a local issue. Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If the box hasn't been activated yet you need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali