Menu
Julez117
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moved home - priority installations?

I would like to know if Anyone has had success getting their services moved as a ‘priority’ job and how I might contact Virgin to request the same. 

Moved on 25th March and Virgin were scheduled install at new house on 2nd April. However they cancelled and rearranged for 26th April.

I have phoned few times to beg and explained I have no broadband or tv, 3 kids on school holidays and am losing earnings being unable to work from home. But they not interested, gave £25 compensation (for 4 weeks earnings lost).

The cable was pulled from the street couple weeks ago and is sat ready to be installed.  

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved home - priority installations?

Did they give reason as to why the appointment to install was moved?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moved home - priority installations?

@Julez117 wrote:

<snip>

Moved on 25th March and Virgin were scheduled install at new house on 2nd April. However they cancelled and rearranged for 26th April.

I have phoned few times to beg and explained I have no broadband or tv, 3 kids on school holidays and am losing earnings being unable to work from home. But they not interested, gave £25 compensation (for 4 weeks earnings lost).

The cable was pulled from the street couple weeks ago and is sat ready to be installed.  

VM won't compensate you for lost earnings but there is a compensation scheme and it does cover delayed installations. A general explanation is here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

and the small-print from that is here

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

There are a whole load of T&Cs and ways which VM can avoid paying but have a look through them and see how they apply to your situation. They figure should be calculated once your services are up and running.

If you think you have a case for more/better compensation then you may have push VM for that to be properly applied. However, if you have had a long delay in installation, and do qualify under the scheme, it can be worth chasing for it.

The stage of installation which usually seems to take the longest time is getting the cable installed so it is unusual that the connection process hasn't followed after your cable was pulled through.

The forum team will reply on here usually within a week and often quicker. They may be able to tell you more.

0 Kudos