Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Moved home, new contract?

Hi

I Moved home and area last month and made sure to confirm and check the move would not mean I was starting a new 12 month contract. Person on phone reassured me it wouldn't. My contract was due to end in September, but in the contract on my new areas account, it now shows April. I really don't want to stay with virgin past September as I've not been impressed by how difficult it's been to talk to a human being during this crisis, which made a house move even more stressful.

Can anyone confirm or deny if moving house would restart my 12 month liability? I made it very clear on phone I would be leaving in September when my original contract would be due to end. 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved home, new contract?

I would say if virgin have relocated your services at a cost to them even though you were contracted at your last address then a new 12 month contract is reasonable

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ,

when you moved did you change your package by any chance 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In the same boat, would love to love to know the answer to this!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I paid a £20 movers fee and told them I didn't want a new contract, just to move my old one. She assured me on phone it was a continuation of old contract at new address. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No my package remained the same - 100mb Internet and phone line, although don't actually and have never used the landline either at old address or new one.

Cant get through to anyone on live chat or text for someone to check I've not been recontracted til next April. I'll be very unhappy and taking the complain further if I have as I stressed to the lady who rang and helped changed the house move date that I did not want to be enrolled in a new 12 month contract as the service/customer service handling has been absolutely terrible. Even now I can't speak to anyone properly to find out the answer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Uncouth I just spoke to someone on phone and they told me that my contract end date is still September 👍 all good

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks
0 Kudos