Menu
jlind
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moved home can't activate broadband, login to my account, get any answer on any helpline

We moved home on Sat 23/1/21, and the new cable kit arrived in the post for QuickStart.

Have tried setting up multiple times over 4 days, and cannot get a connection.  No-one answers the helpline, been on it for ages, and now its closed again for the day. I cannot sign-in to virgin.com or the app as it says I am no longer a customer.

Is it because I need to activate the account?  Last night the chat bot on the help page was finally picked up by a person, they told me all i could do was call the number.

This morning I got a text from Virgin saying the account was activated.  Swiftly followed by a request for a direct debit setup.  But I am already paying £92 per month.  Service is still not working.

I reply help, and was texted to call the number again - 08009539500, still no answer, that's 4 times at over an hour each, very tired of their muzac.

On the forum pages, another number recommended - 03454541111, still no answer.  Have been through the virgin pages again and again and again and cannot find a solution or anyway to get this activated.

Knowing that Virgin would likely be useless during house move (we've been a customer for a long time with many issues) we bought a mifi for £40 and are paying £20 per month for unlimited broadband - has worked brilliantly and so easy to set up. We can watch iplayer on the laptop.  Maybe the pain of getting virgin to function is not worth it...

0 Kudos
jlind
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved home can't activate broadband, login to my account, get any answer on any helpline

And just checked my bank statement, last Virgin payment of £91 taken on 25/1/21.  Cheeky!

0 Kudos
jlind
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved home can't activate broadband, login to my account, get any answer on any helpline

Incredibly, within minutes of posting the last message, broadband started working.  Was then able to successfully set up TV.  I guess the moral of the story is don't bother with the helplines, text help, chatbot, etc....just post here?!

0 Kudos