That is exactly what I thought but trying to get the VM move team to do anything useful is a joke.
I did have cables sent to me with the Hub when it was last replaced but we have just moved so I cannot find these cables. I therefore bought myself a new cable and have plugged it in. Now back to the issue I posted about - my Hub has telephony disabled so plugging into the TEL 1 port simply doesn’t work.
My question is how to get this to work. Other posts I have read have suggested that VM need to switch it on but this means contacting the VM move team - who are still trying to decide whether my new address is suitable (which they confirmed it was two weeks ago when they discovered existing users at the address!)
I had hoped that somebody from VM might read my post and know how to help but I guess I was just being over optimistic!