Menu
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moved House - No Internet Since 10th Nov

I've pretty much lost the will at this point, but just in case any Virgin employees do lurk around these parts...

I moved house on 10th Nov and informed Virgin of this well in advance. They told me that our new house had a Virgin line and we'd be able to self-install using the self-service pack. Amazing!

Move day comes around, I ring up to arrange delivery of the self-service pack and get the connection at our old house turned off. However this person doesn't think I can self-install as they've noticed that our new house was last connected to Virgin in 2009. An engineer will be needed. Bit annoying we'd been told wrong the first time, but mistakes happen - engineer can come out a week later on 17th Nov. Fine.

On 17th Nov the engineer shows up but can find no evidence of a brown box or a tee on the property. A cable pull will be needed so nothing can be done until contractors come out to dig. We agree a new date of 2nd Dec.

2nd Dec - no one shows up. No update or cancellation, just a no show. I contact CSD with all the associated long painful waiting that entails and am told there's a new date - 10th Dec.

10th Dec - no one shows up. As before, no update or cancellation, just a no show. Again I contact CSD who still cannot tell me why two dates were missed with no comms or explanation and aren't even very apologetic about the inconvenience being caused here. Again, I am told a new install date - 16th Dec.

Guess what happened on 16th Dec! That's right kids, nothing.

It's become so farcical that I can't believe the system is functioning as designed. Has my account fallen down a black hole? Is it just not possible to get Virgin at my address and there's been a mistake? How can it possibly be this difficult to get some information on what's actually going on with our install process? Someone must be in charge somewhere, surely?

Help!!

lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved House - No Internet Since 10th Nov

@Zak_M @Christy_D - can someone please help me? 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi I'm afraid the forum is not an instant link to a virgin person, posts are dealt with in rotation, so bumping or multiple posts will not help, the wait time can be 3 or 4 days. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If the "dig" requires the street or pavement to be dug up then VM have to inform or get permission from your local council. Those guys wade in treacle. Might be 4-8 weeks waiting for that to come through before a VM contractor can do the dig and a VM team can install the kit. So it "could" drag on - hopefully that wont happen. Can you log into your account online? If so have a look in there (notes) and see if there are any clues (if you see something like "NaNaNa" it usually means waiting on the council.

Have you been talking to the Pre-installation and Delivery team - they may have more info?

On.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

LittleMick73 - I've seen that (it's not instant, expect to wait 3-4 days etc) said before, yet a post posted after mine from a prospective customer got a reply from Christy_D in 7mins. It's very clear to me how their prioritising is working. Potential money gets attention, locked in customers whose money they've already grabbed can go fish.

Similarly a post was replied to by the other operative I named in less than an hour. I posted about this same issue over a week ago, on multiple threads, and my problem has so far been ignored by forum team.

Patiently waiting in line doesn't seem to be solving my problem.

0 Kudos
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi , thanks for your reply.

I'm absolutely certain that you're right as the cable does need to be pulled from the road and so permits are needed. Our engineer confirmed that with Virgin HQ at the 17th Nov. However when I've mentioned this to subsequent CSD people when I've tried to get an update no one knows what I'm talking about. I've tried to ring the field team and they can't find my account as my old account as my old house is cancelled (thus no info on the VM My Account pages) and the new one isn't fully created yet as I'm not yet connected. Operatives often can't find the new account number issued on my contract but the account number associated with my old house also seems to have incomplete info - I've been repeatedly told there's no need for new cabling, presumably based on the same incorrect system info I got the very first time.

I absolutely accept that the council permits required probably add a lot of complexity, but why can't the Move team confirm the situation? If it were an explanation that reasonable I wouldn't be here, wasting more of my time, getting out of my tree on the internet like a lunatic. However being given fake install date after fake install date, no cancellations or communication, just failure to arrive is not acceptable customer service. It's not unreasonable to expect someone to account for why this has happened.

Thanks for your suggestion to speak to Pre-Install and Delivery teams but they won't help me. Due to my in limbo account apparently only the Move team can do anything for me and they don't have any info about digs or permits or anything useful it seems.

I've been a happy and loyal Virgin Media customer since 2009. I don't enjoy shouting at companies on the internet and this isn't some "they said Tuesday and now it's Wednesday" over-dramatisation of the situation. I'm just gob smacked that a company has any customers when it's primary CSD tactic seems to be avoidance and buck passing.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again I totally agree, its easy to introduce prospective new customer and receive a sign up fee, i agree with Johns view of the matter, the install teams don't work for virgin directly and are sub contractors what with that and the permissions & permits from the council I'm sure the call centre and virgin people on here genuinely don't know, having said all that I think someone should be at least trying for you. Regards Micky
0 Kudos