cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move cable and get a new cable box

Hoogie
Tuning in

Hello,

I previously posted about the bad state of the old Virgin Media equipemnt at my new home:

• Omni box needs replacing
  • The cabling into the house needs moving.
  • New internal cabling box to replace the old/dated one.

I was told this is usually a £25 fee, but it could be done for me for free once I created a new account.

It now looks like I may rent out the property. How can I organsie to have this work done  when I don't have an active VM account?

I want to get it done before I rent out the property so that my tenants won't need to do anything.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hoogie
Tuning in

Hello,

Is it possible for the Virgin Media team to confirm what I should do in this scenario? I'd like to discuss this with Virgin Media and undertsand how I can get the cabling updated.

Thanks, Ben

Hi Hoogie, 

Thank you for your post. We can certainly look at getting an engineer arrange to come out and replace the outside Omnibox and the outside cabling. 

But with regards to the inside cabling, that would need to wait for an account to be opened and the engineer to come amend. 

I will private message you now to confirm some details. 

^Martin

Hoogie
Tuning in

This is no longer an issue. I have decided to live at the property and not rent it out, so I have ordered a new Virgin Media package with installation, and will get it sorted when it is installed.

Thanks