Menu
harkon321
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Move V6 box - Engineer lead time? Conduit?

I want to book an engineer to move a V6 box from it's existing location to a new extension.  

I've read on here that it will be £100 fee.  

I want to run to a new location which is on an inside wall so am hoping to run the cable inside conduit (roof is currently being constructed so this is straight forward).  

Does anyone know how long the current lead time is for an engineer?  

What size conduit would you recommend I run through the roof space?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Move V6 box - Engineer lead time? Conduit?

Measure the fattest part of the current cable (End fitting) and double it.

Make sure there are no right angles in the conduit.

Put a draw through cord in the conduit to help the pull of the cable.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
harkon321
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know if an engineer would be happier running through conduit through ceiling space or rather I just predrill all the holes and just pull it through?  

Not sure which to do.  Trying to get through to Virgin at the moment is quite difficult

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harkon321,

this is something you can discuss with the engineer as a preference on the day, please note if you are in a tier 3 area we would not be doing non-fault work.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos