cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Hub

Elliam
Joining in

Signed up as a new customer a few weeks ago with our first property. We wanted the hub moved when we signed up but the sales agent suggested we ‘book an engineer once we had signed up’. Just searching the forum today to find out how to book an engineer to realise that this service is painful to book and costs £25.

We’ve been a customer for 3 weeks and feel that we’ve been tricked into signing up. 

not happy. 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Standard sales tactics I'm afraid. They will tell you what you whatever you want to hear, to get that signature. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Elliam

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that. 

Was this a self installation via delivery or was it a manned engineer installation?

With a manned installation, usually the engineer will discuss with the customer during the visit where they want the equipment to go and discuss if its possible etc.

If its a self installation, this can only be connected where you have connection points in your property.

If the connection points in your home aren't where you would like, we can arrange an engineer to move this for you yes however there would be a charge for that service. 

I am sorry if that wasn't explained when you enquired initially. 

We can arrange that visit for you if you would like?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide