Menu
Eileenduckegg
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Motorola G7 Plus / no WiFi calling

I've recently upgraded from my Motorola G6 Play to a newer Motorola G7 Plus which apparently has WiFi calling according to Motorola, however this phone does not appear to be compatible with Virgin mobile, although all the other models are, i.e G4, G5, G6 and the new G8, any idea why they've not included the G7 Plus?  I'm currently living in an area with no mobile phone coverage and have to either go a hundred metres down the road to use the phone or if it was working on this G7 I could call over the WiFi.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Motorola G7 Plus / no WiFi calling

Hi Eileenduckegg,

Virgin don't support any of the Motorola phones with WiFi calling.

Virgin offer WiFi calling on some  Apple and Samsung devices.

Info from wifi-calling page

Any customer with a Pay Monthly plan and a supported device, using your Virgin Mobile SIM.

Which phones devices support WiFi Calling?

You’ll need one of these phones devices to use WiFi Calling:

Apple: iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Samsung: Samsung S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S10e, S20, S205G, S20+5G, S20Ultra5G, Note10, Note 10+ and Note 10+5G

All of these devices support WiFi Calling if they are bought directly from us. If you are using a device that was bought from another network, or SIM free, we cannot guarantee that it will support our WiFi Calling service. If your supported device doesn’t have the WiFi Calling option available, make sure you have updated the software to the latest version and reboot your device.

If your device isn’t supported yet don’t panic, we’ll be adding WiFi Calling to more devices soon.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos