cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More cable required

truf777
Tuning in

Hello Virgin Family.

Had an installation of my new broadband service a couple days ago (speed up to 200), but after a few days realised that the speed is good (as promised) in living room and room above loving room, but other half of the house is suffering from very poor signal. So need to get more cable to move the Hub 3.0 to the middle of the house. As far I know, this type of cable isn't possible to buy online. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM's cabling forms part of their network and you'll need a VM engineer visit to amend or extend this. Normally there's a £25 charge for such visits (which is of itself extremely reasonable), but you may get this waived if it's considered part of the install.

You may want to look at alternative WiFi-solutions though, or using your own router. I'll ping @jbrennand who's normally quite good with this sort of thing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM's cabling forms part of their network and you'll need a VM engineer visit to amend or extend this. Normally there's a £25 charge for such visits (which is of itself extremely reasonable), but you may get this waived if it's considered part of the install.

You may want to look at alternative WiFi-solutions though, or using your own router. I'll ping @jbrennand who's normally quite good with this sort of thing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks a lot. Very useful and helpful piece of info. Appreciate very quick response 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes.... the alternatives to moving the Hub, are to purchase your own router and wireless equipment e.g. a Mesh.... or add additional wireless access points.

Then, any of these would have to connect to the Hub by ethernet cables.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, truf777,

Both japitts and jbrennand's suggestions are valid. If you would like us to help with hub relocation, let us know and we can help with that.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

Many thanks for your mail.

All points/ideas suggested by japitts and jbrennand's are very valid and helpful. Managed to order an additional hub, so shoud get a delivery tomorrow. Will play with it around the house and will certainly let you know the outcome. Stay well and Merry Christmas!