cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem hub 5 issues

Ticky
Joining in

I am using the hub 5 in modem mode to utilise my Asus mesh system. Engineer has been out multiple times as a result from the past diagnostics and incorrect fault findings I purchased new upgraded Asus router which did not resolve the issue. Engineer out again and changed original hub 3 to hub 5 router. This worked for a while but loses connection. Engineer visits resets everything which gets the wifi working using my Asus routers. But  within a few hours stops working. Vm customer service advice not to use modem mode but use router mode instead. However the range is poor and they are sending out booster. Not what I want but to resolve the issue in modem mode so I can use my Asus mesh system.

are there any setting which need adjustment to get this to work.

4 REPLIES 4

Ticky
Joining in

Further more vm tried to sell me service engineer to fix the issue via remote access to my pc which I refused. The system has worked for many years in modem mode so I assumed the Asus router may be getting old and replaced with new Asus routers.

my package from vm was upgraded to 1tb and new hub 5 which is turning out to have fail 4 times this year

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

BTW, I have a Hub 5 in modem mode and it runs perfectly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM must think all problems are caused by us they do 99% problem free.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @Ticky thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with issues in Modem Mode as when connected to a third party Hub, this does move things outside of our remit.

If you are able (or wish to) in future, to put your Hub back in Router Mode and you're still experiencing the issues, please don't hesitate to let us know and we can support here further.

Many thanks

Tom_W