cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Mode

Spoony36
Superfast

Hi,

So because WIFI is really poor on the hub 3, i took the plunge and put it into modem mode and brought my own WIFI 6 router. WIFI has improved massively but am i right in thinking the IP address to access the virgin hub is now 192.168.100.1 as that is not working for me despite rebooting, pulling the power cable etc. All i get is the below and if for any reason i want to put back into router mode etc, i'd like to be able to log into the hub

Spoony36_0-1652297549584.png

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

Firstly yes, the WiFi on the Hub 3, and indeed all of the hubs isn’t exactly stellar. The message you are seeing would indicate that the web server on the hub has fallen over, if it really wasn’t responding at all on that IP address then the message would be different.

OK what you probably need to do is a full factory reset of the hub, which is done by sticking a a paperclip (or similar) into the reset hole on the back of the hub, leave it pressed in, and you will ‘feel’ a click as the button is depressed, for a full 60 seconds, the hub will reboot itself and come back up as it was when first delivered.

Log into it using the password on the sticker on the bottom, you did check to see that the sticker was there and legible first, no? It’ll be back in router mode and accessible on 192.168.0.1, pop it back into modem mode, reboot and all should be well.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Over 400 days with a super hub 1 and I can still access 192.168.100.1...just how buggy are the newer hubs!
---------------------------------------------------------------