Menu
Andre20001
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Missing the wall socket

My home doesn't have a wall socket and I have to pause the self installation, but other rooms on different levels have installed. Could I appoint an engineer to help to drill holes and lead the cables into my home as soon as possible? Thanks for helping!

0 Kudos
-tony-
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing the wall socket

not sure what you are saying - do you mean you have wall sockets ut they are in the wrong place or the wrong room - if so you can install and book a tech to add another socket - that will likely cost you £25 - if you have no internal sockets then again you can book a tech - that should be free [i think]

if you have no internal sockets than all may not be lost - not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
0 Kudos
Andre20001
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I am looking for booking an engineer appointment now, but I cannot find this service on the website though. Any suggestion? Thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you need to ring - dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 

you can wait here for VM to pick up the thread and they will book something - they can take a few days to get to threads

Tony.
0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Andre20001,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear your self installation could not take place due to this. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

I have been able to access your account and I can see you recently spoke to our team regarding this. You also have an appointment booked for this. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos