Menu
Wozap
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missing isolator cable

Signed up for 350meg broadband 2wks ago, thats as good as it gets, received equip 3 days later, tried to install fri missing powerbrick for router and isolator cable damaged, 4 1hr plus calls finally somebody arranged to send out a new router, 16/12/20 collect new router unboxed and I couldn't believe my eyes no isolator cable.... I'm am proper ragged off with it all, help needed ASAP... or do I just cancel as I'm within 14 day cooling period

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing isolator cable

I have received replacement Hub3 from VM once and box does not contain any isolator cable.

You need a self install kit as those include a inline isolator cable.

Should be fun explaining this over phone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My self install didnt have the cable. Went and got one from screwfix. Under £3

Keith d

sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Blimey are VM really being stupid now.

I have seen those kits before and included the inline isolator. Though mine was installed via engineer visit and I request a few spares.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Wozap
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for responses guys, found a screw connector, fitted that and works OK, dunno if it will affect speed though, 350meg package, checked and got about 185 meg dnld 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Wozap wrote:

Cheers for responses guys, found a screw connector, fitted that and works OK, dunno if it will affect speed though, 350meg package, checked and got about 185 meg dnld 

You can't use your own cables as it breaches the terms and conditions of your contract with VM.

You could also be causing issues for several of your neighbours services.

0 Kudos