Menu
DGBaggott
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missing installation date

I signed up to Virgin weeks ago. Initially had an installation date, but that didn't happen because some work was needed first. Now the installation date is NaN/NaN/NaN. I've tried phone help, spent over 2 hours on the phone over a week ago, and still nothing has happened. My Sky subscription is about to run out, so unless I get a date very soon I'm going to have to cancel Virgin and go back to Sky. Not very happy at all!!

How do I get an installation date

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Missing installation date

Hello

Do you have an external VM box should be on the outside wall of your premises ?

The reason why this has happened is due to VM having to do some construction work that requires permission from the council to dig up the path/road which can take between 6-8 weeks to be granted by the council.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DGBaggott
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cancelled my Sky contract the day before the confirmed Virgin installation date, which didn't then happen. Is my only option to either cancel Virgin and go back to SKY, or be without broadband and satellite TV channels for an indefinite period possibly months?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @DGBaggott,

Have you heard any further updates about your installation?

I have looked at your account and cannot see anything further but just wanted to check if you had also been contacted. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
DGBaggott
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I've not heard a thing 😠

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It doesn't help you but my installation date was nan nan nan also and I didn't get an official installation date until 2 months later. Then the prepull happened one week and the engineer happened the next. It still took a further week for them to actually make it work however due to some cabinet issues which required more engineers scheduled. 

0 Kudos