cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing credit, house move nightmare

JenniferP89
Joining in

Hi guys, I’m coming on here to see if anyone has any pointers as I feel completely frustrated and lost with Virgin media at the moment. I’ve been a customer for years, was at my last address for 10 years with them with no problems what so ever. I moved house in June and was advised I didn’t need to enter a new contract but that my services could be taken with me. I’ve been paying £47 for a £70 package with a £23 monthly discount which I was advised would continue as normal. The only thing I was advised is that my first bill at my new address would be 2x monthly payments plus a £20 move fee.. I was advised my discount would continue so to expect 2x £47 + £20 = £114. When my first bill was generated it was for £160, 2x £70 plus £20. I rang Virgin to query this and the man advised my bill had been generated automatically without any credit applied, he apologised and amended my DD payment to £114 and re added the rolling credit to my account. Since then I have nothing but stress.. each month I’m incurring £53.50 owed (£46 for the credit not applied to begin with plus £7.50 late payment charge). I’ve spoken with MANY people at Virgin over the phone as well as WhatsApp who keep advising the missing credit should have been applied at the point my DD payment was amended, but since it wasn’t keep promising me they’ve applied it.. I’ve had two bills since and the outstanding £46 plus £7.50 late charge continues! 
When I ring, people assure me all will be sorted yet it’s not, and I have multiple screenshots on WhatsApp chat with Virgin of people reassuring me. I’ve put a complaint in with Virgin hoping someone will understand what’s going on and rectify the situation. The last time I spoke to a man via WhatsApp with Virgin he promised me a better package for the existing £47 monthly price and now I fear this has further complicated matters as the outstanding is still continuing. 

where do I go to finally have the £46 outstanding credit applied plus reversal of the £7.50 late payment charge? I cancelled my DD last month (with consent from Virgin) as I fear the wrong amount being taken monthly, yet I continue to pay my £47 every time a bill is generated.

I’m now feeling it may be better to leave Virgin altogether and move my services elsewhere as I’ve never known such incorrect advice given so many times previously! Yet I’ve been with Virgin for years and never had a problem with the actual services so it would be such a shame.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JenniferP89 

Welcome to the community forums 

Really sorry to hear of your ongoing billing concerns. I can investigate this at our side to see what has happened and look to see if we can get this resolved for you. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @JenniferP89 

Glad we have been able to discuss this today and work towards a resolution. Please do let me know if you have any further concerns on your next bill and we'll be here to support if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley