Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missing Wall Socket

I hope I have the right community here.

I have got Virgin Media up and here in our new house. However when the engineer came round to install a line into the property, he didn't install a wall socket as we were re-plastering the wall a couple of days later (old wall sockets were removed and we called Virgin first just in case they need to break the wall).

The engineer gave me his number to call him when the plastering was dry and he'll install a wall socket. I've phoned and phoned but I'm being ignored. I can't seem to contact Virgin and their live chat system isn't work! (Maybe Covid related?)

Any tips on how to get an engineer round to fit a new wall socket?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Wall Socket

Did the engineer leave you with working services just missing the box.

If so you may get charged for the callout

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes the services are working however it looks like he's put on a temporary part between the outside cable and the inside cable which look like it's going to break soon

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

some installs are just a cable though the wall.
You'll have to wait for VM to reply to see if they can get someone out to fix it.

Engineer shouldn't leave mobile numbers. they do not control there own jobs. He can't jsut come back later. it needs booking though CS

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos