Menu
Ronnie555
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Missing Virgin Media Wall Socket

Hello I just got my quick start box and it’s saying I need to start with the virgin media wall socket however we do not have one as a previous provider removed it when we went with them. The only wires we have are these two attached. Anyway we can set it up still or if not can we get an engineer out? Thank you

779190D5-8125-4714-A903-50A31FD00613.jpeg

95A04395-DFBB-476D-89EB-E427AE6E445A.jpeg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Virgin Media Wall Socket

have you tried the cables

no idea what bottom image is but top one looks possible - 2 connections normally suggest sky but the end connectors look crimped on which is unusual for sky and cable looks too thick but you say a previous provider removed the box which again points to sky

so follow those back - if they join together into one shotgun cable then they are sky - if they lead back to an external VM box as 2 separate cables or to a splitter then you need one of these to connect the isolator cables

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

if you need a tech you need to ring

Tony
0 Kudos
Ronnie555
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying, the bottom image is where the virgin box use to be but a previous provider removed it and cut the cable. The two wires in the first photo appear to connect to the Ariel outside my house 

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Maybe the previous Virgin customer left on bad terms and decided to cut the cable 🙂

The twin cable looks like Sky TV.

There is only one solution..the dreaded phone call 🙂

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ok - then you need a tech best time to ring is just after 8 in the morning - wait times seem better then

Tony
0 Kudos