Menu
JFord047
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Missing Equipment

I changed my package on Virgin, mostly to help myself (I am 80% Blind & Disabled), but also to get a LITTLE MORE VALUE FOR MONEY.

I wanted the Voice Control remote , Because 1 my remotes not working, and 2 I cannot see the remote let alone the buttons on it.

I changed over to Maxit on the 360 box, with M500 internet and added the phone service(because it saVED ME MONEY)

I was told that All of the self installation bits would be with me on 21/05/21

the day after the order , I was now on MAXIT TV, everything else was the same, nothing arrived on the 21st, nor the 22nd so I called Support on the evening of the 22nd and was told that everything would be activated, and the internet upgraded once i had the Kit, and to give it 72 hours...

well its now the 27/05/21 , I still have Maxit TV that I cannot see, I am Still on the M350 and the only thing that came is a connector for a hub to the phone (that I do not have nor a number for it) 

How long do you actually have to wait to get the equipment your meant to get as your Contract????

0 Kudos
JFord047
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Equipment

Just as an Update...

Here is what I have found out... So Far,

Apparently I have to go get a Phone, as only the service is provided, not the hardware! , so I have apparently had the service (with No Phone Number that I have been told)  for 7 days!

the Television is now Maxit TV, as it should be from the day I "signed the new Contract"

But the Broadband will only go to M500 from M350, once I get the New Remote Control, and Activate it, (its on its way - Like the missing Kit), 

I asked for the New 360 Box, to allow the recording of 7 things at once with the Voice Remote.... Apparently I cannot get the 360 Box, because I have a Tivo V6, so My Reason for Changing the package, and getting more Function, is irrelevant, as my Wishes as the Paying Customer count for nothing??????

What the Hell has a TV remote control to do with my Internet Speed??????

If nothing was Sent, then why was I told it would be, and why do I have to wait for the packages to change , once I receive the nothing that was sent????

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi JFord047,

The V6 currently runs on the TIVO software. You won't need a new set top box as the V6 will be updated to run the new Horizon software once you receive the voice activated remote.

Basically an upgrade app will appear on your current V6 home screen, and it will guide you through the process of updating it to the 360 Horizon box.

Part way through the update process (which takes about 10 minutes) the onscreen message will prompt you to start using the new 360 remote to complete the  update.

The way the VM systems work they complete the speed upgrade when the V6 box completes it's transformation to the 360 Horizon interface.

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you in the next day or two and check the situation with the remote, and reorder one if necessary.

I've added a screenshot below of the update instructions which should be printed on the inside cover of the new remote control box.

360 upgrade360 upgrade

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
JFord047
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

After the conversation earlier... things are now getting even more Stupid!!!

Apparently they have "Activated" everything for me....

First text message, "Signal sent to home , everything is ready , so you can set up your kit"...... WHAT KIT??????? I am Still waiting on it!!!!!!

Second Text Message, "Great tips on how to Optimise the Wi-Fi on your NEW VIRGIN MEDIA HUB"....WHAT HUB????? I am once more Still waiting on it!!

this is getting really frustrating.... Tv Changed 7 days ago, No Phone adaptor for the hub until yesterday (no phone yet), Internet is still M350 instead of M500  

and the New Remote, that will allow 7 separate channels to be recorded and boost the M350 to M500 is being sent out  today, or at least the order is

Wonder if I am qualifying for the Did Not install or the No Service payments for the past 7 days????

0 Kudos
JFord047
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

lol got a text about that.... nothing yet 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JFord047,

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum

Thank you for your post regarding your upgraded services and your self install equipment.

I am so sorry that the remote was not sent out to you earlier. I have taken a look and can see that your new remote control will be delivered to you in 2 days.

I am sorry for the confusing text message you received. Once you have received all of your equipment, then your services will be activated, and the new contract will start.

Best wishes,

Serena

JFord047
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

lol, 

I  see you used the term "All of your equipment" , nicely vague and encompassing...

I specifically asked for the New 360 Box due to the functions I can use (including 4K), I thought I would get a phone, it was hinted that my old Hub would be replaced, that went to nothing, then to a remote only, then  possibly a 360 box...  But definitely a remote (in the post)!!

I have no idea What is coming, or when....

So I have 2 4K Tv's that run 4K with the apple tv, and the Amazon TV , and the Xbox and the computers, but only 1080 with my Tivo Box.. The phone / TV are not actually required, only the internet, but if it  now all works fine, i will give up NowTV / AppleTV / Amazon Prime and stick to Virgin.... right now though it may be the other way around!!! 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JFord047

I am so sorry for the confusion that has ocurred regarding the equipment you will get for your upgrade.

As @newapollo mentioned, because you are already using a V6 box you do not get a new TV box for this upgrade - it is an upgrade that will happen on your V6 box itself.

There appears to be some confusion about the landline part of the package. You will get a landline which you will be able to make calls from, but we do not provide the phone itself - just the line.

You will be receiving a new remote with voice activiation features in the post in 2 days 🙂

Hope that clears things up a bit,

Serena

0 Kudos
JFord047
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

yep , thanks clears a few things up lol

only 1 minor Question.... Why Did the TV package go from Full house, to Maxit TV on the same day... yet the M350 cannot go to M500 until I get a TV remote???

And Just to make Sure I have been told EVERYTHING FACTUAL  about the maxit TV (given the guy basically said I could get the 360 box, 7 channel recording, voice control, 4k TVetc on day 1)

The ONLY DIFFERENCE between the 2 TV packages is I lose the Kids TV, EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE EXACT SAME!!!!

Meaning All the same HD Channels, History, wildlife, Fox, Sky one, E! basically all of the things we watch NOW we can continue to watch... only not the kids channels

Sorry for being a pain, but when your sales guy says one thing, and then it turns out to be nothing like it... there is a lot of Doubt on top of My wasted time , after  all it was ME sitting in the house for 4 days waiting for nothing, unable to go shopping relying on take out because of it!!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi again JFord047,

I hope you find this useful.

The following link shows the channels available on all TV packages.

The Full House channels are ticked in column 4 and the Maxit channels are ticked in column 6. 

This list confirms the only difference in channels are the kids channels.

The link is a pdf so  you can make the text larger and easier to view ChannelGuide_May_2021.pdf 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos