Menu
antho438
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Missed install due to blockage

Hi, 

I wonder if someone could help/advise. My install date was yesterday and I have been advised that there is a blockage somewhere and that the blockage needs to be removed by digging up the road/pavement to resolve. I have no info other than that and would like to know if I can find out more.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missed install due to blockage

Have you tried the pre-installation and delivery team - they may have more info?

On.. 0800 052 1734

A blockage requiring digging requires informing/getting permission from your local council - they wade in treacle - can take from a few days to 2 months. Then VM have to reschedule the install. So dont cancel a current supplier until it is in and functioning.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
antho438
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My appointment is on the 10th (pre install) and upon looking on a road works map it shows the bellow image. 10th to the 14th. I think that is why my house connects to. 

Screenshot_20201007_224249_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Permission needs to be granted by the local council to dig up the pavement and this permission can take 6-8 weeks for the council to approve.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
antho438
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just an update. The blockage was cleared today.

I have been advised that the install is ready to be completed. Fingers crossed 

0 Kudos