Menu
vivek0786
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Missed Broadband Installation and Pathetic experience

I’m sharing pathetic experience with VM which I have never experienced with any service provider in my life.  I want to raise this matter in the forum due to the gravity of the situation and serious impact on me because of a last-minute change in the broadband installation date from 28th Sep to 20th Oct. The 28th Sep was specifically committed by the virgin media team during my previous discussion on the phone in the last couple of weeks (11/12th Sep and 22nd Sep).  As my existing service provider contract was getting over on 25th Sep, I had placed an VM Broadband order (ref WS7127285) on 9th Sep for installation on 23rd/24th Sep which was accepted. However, after a couple of days, VM changed the installation date to 28th Sep. I immediately called them on 11th and explained my situation that I will not be able to work if service is not activated by 25th Sep as I’m working from home due to COVID situation. I explicitly mention that I’m happy to cancel if they can’t deliver it by 25th Sep as I will not be able to work and will have severe implication on my Job/Salary but on both the occasions (11th /12th Sep and last discussion on 22nd Sep) they assured and committed that service will be available on 28th Sep for sure and I should not worry. They had not highlighted any risk about potential delays during any conversation. As per their commitment, I went ahead and disconnected my old provider on 25th Sep.  

On Sunday (27th Sep) evening, unexpectedly I got an email that the installation was re-scheduled to 20th Oct which I checked outside using free WIFI spot. This was a big shock and setback as despite knowing my circumstances and VM commitment, they still changed the date at the very last minute with no options left which put me off from work and high risk of impacting my job/salary. I didn’t expect false commitment and unfair practice from such a reputed company by cheating and keeping me in dark.

On receiving the email on Sunday (27th Sep) evening, I immediately called Virgin media which was answered by Mr Archer from Per-Installation team. He was not at all helpful and when I asked for escalating my issue to the higher authority, he didn’t forward the same. When I asked him for solution until the broadband is installed then he mentioned that he can offer a full 18 months credit back but disconnected the call after that (I have got the recording for the conversation). Then I called again and it was answered by Graham. I explained to him my whole story again and he said he can’t do anything and neither can I escalate as this is with the pre-installation team. When I asked for a solution he told me that I am eligible to get £5 per day as a compensation for the delay but I have to call the pre-installation team on Monday morning. 

Next day Monday (28th Sep) morning instead of carrying out my office job activity I called Virgin media around 09:00 AM with the hope that I will get some resolution. The call was transferred to Mr. Jasper from pre-installation team who had no intention to listen or understand my situation or the context instead he was taking this very casually and making fun of my situation by harassing and telling me that you have already got free installation and activation as compensation for the delays until 28th Sep.  I asked him if he can confirm that the service will be activated on 20th Oct and there will be no further delays but he said that he has to be transparent and can’t confirm any firm day. This means till now all VM representatives were lying and keeping me in the dark by providing false commitment on the activation date despite knowing the severity of my situation. I also referred to my previous conversation with Mr. Archer but he said that he has no idea who is Mr Archer and he can’t do anything. I told him to forward my call to senior person as I could not bear further torture and mental harassment due to his irresponsible behaviour.  When my wife saw me in tension during conversation she decided herself to talk to Mr Jasper to explain the seriousness of the situation, but his behaviour was the same. We never experienced such kind of torture and harassment from any service provider executives. He continued to ignore our position and told us that we are free to complain, but he will not forward the call to the manager or higher authority in the escalation path.

We filled the complaint with the customer care complaint number- 104257627  which took us again 2 hours to get hold of them and also asked if we can talk to a senior executive as a matter of urgency. They said they can’t do anything as of now and I will have to wait for an outcome which can take 48 hours.  I was on the call from 9pm -2pm without any resolution and missed half day of my work.

Now my situation is that I can’t work from home due to no broadband, my office is closed, I can’t go to anyone's house to work due to Covid-19, I also tried with my neighbours so I can use their broadband but their signals are not coming in my home.  I also tried calling my old provider to reinstate my old broadband, but they informed me that it is already disconnected and will take 2-3 weeks’ time for a new order. Virgin media has put me in this grave and difficult situation. This has impacted my job and made me disable and put me at a high risk of losing my job and will impact my financial commitment. All this is because of Virgin Media. I have also recorded calls for reference.

I would advise people to carefully consider if they wish to do business with such a company. I have already gone through the big trauma, harassment and it has started impacting my work from 28th Sep and I am losing day on day basis. I’m planning to take this matter in the arbitration,  just waiting for a response from VM on my complaint.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missed Broadband Installation and Pathetic experience

TLDR

however, anyone who relies on internet for work and is arranging a change in ISP would be wise to keep the previous supplier in place until the new supplier has completed install.

CISAS is where to take your complaint to, but only after you have exhausted the virgin complaints process (it will be rejected if you haven't).

however, virgin can't and won't be responsible for any work you might lose (or are losing).

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

vivek0786
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply and suggestion. I'm still waiting for VM response on my complained filled 2 days back (though no response  on my complaint even after 48 hours of filing my complaint which they committed:( I firmly believe that VM is responsible for any loss as they have not honored their commitment and very last minute they changed the installation date (Sunday evening) leaving ,me no room for anything. They are dishonest and keeping their customers in dark. Even, when I explicitly ask them to cancel the order if they see any risk in the installation date,  they confirmed and committed to deliver it on the agreed date so they have to pay for not fulfilling their commitment. I have not seen any such false promises  done by any other service providers. More than that their customer service is pathetic. Very bad experience and I was harassed and cheated:(

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi vivek0786,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear your installation didn't happen and that you haven't heard anything since raising a complaint.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos