cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive hole outside my property

slip_digby
Joining in

Virgin Media dug a big hole outside my property in April this year and have not been back to repair it. I have spoken with the call centre about getting this repaired on six separate occasions and it has still not been repaired despite assurances that it would be fixed within 48 hours. The hole blocks the whole of the pavement meaning people have to walk into the road to get past it. Frankly it’s a wonder that one of the local kids haven’t been ran over while passing it. Why is it taking so long to have this repair done? 

A779DC52-3915-4758-9D97-63E2391D217C.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have moved the post as VM dont normaly respond on the Chat forum

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it’s on council owned land, contact your local council and they will get VM to reinstate it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi slip_digby,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear there was an hole dug by us in April which seems to have been left despite 6 calls into our centres.

So I can gather further information and send this to the relevant team, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gordon,

I have mailed all the area field managers and sent information including your picture and asked someone to look into this ASAP.

Regards

Paul. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do as Tudor says in message 3.

Be aware that sightings of and interactions with AFM's are as bumping into Lord Lucan.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As advised above, complain to your local Council. Virgin will have needed Council permission to dig up the road but that would have expired long ago. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello slip_digby. 

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. 

We can assure, this will be dealt with now after we invited you in for a private chat.

Gareth_L

The hole has just been repaired. Thank you all for your help. This forum has been so much more helpful than the Virgin call centre. 

Hi slip_digby

Thanks for coming back to us. I am glad to hear it's all sorted 🙂

If you do need further assistance, please do let us know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill