Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Manned Installation Charge £30?

Hello, I've just joined Virgin. At the time, there was an existing connection at home already and I was planning to install an extra connection for myself, so I was told that I need to pay £30 more for the installation. However I changed my mind and told the engineer to just upgrade the existing connection without installing a new one instead. He said he made a note and the £30 installation charge should be refunded to me a week after the installation (which was more than 2 weeks ago), but I just checked and the Manned Installation Charge still shows £30. Help please.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manned Installation Charge £30?

I think you have dug a hole for yourself here. You initially asked for alterations for what would have been a Self-Install (& hence free). You then changed your mind once the install tech had turned up. Did the installation require the modification? Most changes now like replacing an old isolator with an inline one,  are totally not necessary unless there is a fault & the old wall box isolators can be used without issues.

Most install techs are also contractors & will likely have no say in what VM charges you.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi as nodrogd has said engineers have no say in charges, unfortunately he has probably told you what you want to hear, also you are paying for his time, the fact that you changed your mind is down to you I'm afraid.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Even quick start customers pay the activation fee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also my other observation is if you had done this with a self employed plumber or electrician you would be looking at £80 or a £100.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've never heard of a self employed plumber or electrician doing a Virgin Media cable install.

You learn something new every day!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's an illustration, I'm sure you realised that, or maybe not.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi cp1008,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I can only apologise for the charge confusion. If an engineer visit is booked for an install, this would be a standard charge applied.

Please also refrain from sending PM's unless requested. I am also sorry you wish to cancel your mobile account. You'll need to call the team on 789 // 03456000789 and they'll be able to process this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos