Menu
mattcorkers88
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Main Box & Multi-room connections

Hi, i'm considering signing up for Ultimate oomph bundle which comes with the Virgin TV 360 box and Mini box. My current situation is my tv's run from an aerial in the loft which has a cable running to a main hub the main hub then distributes the feed through an 8 way splitter to various co-ax sockets throughout the house. Instead of the splitter feeding through the signal from the aerial would I be able to connect the virgin cable to the splitter and then simply connect the virgin boxes to the co-ax sockets in the relevant rooms? I'm trying to maintin the no daggling cable look. I'm not techy in any sense so forgive my lack of knowledge.

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Main Box & Multi-room connections

Hi there

We would need to run all coax ourselves as it needs to be isolated and terminated correctly.

I can help you with a site survey if you would like? Then the technician would be able to run through where any cables would need to be installed.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can’t connect any Virgin Media device to your co-ax network. It simply isn’t of the appropriate standard.

Virgin Media will need to provide their own connection points for all of their boxes you contract for.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mattcorkers88
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That would be great.

You may not be able to help with this but the current deal on the bundle I want expires in 2 days would I be able to sign up to it prior to the site survey and cancel if not happy with the options presented to me following that?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem @mattcorkers88 

I will see what we can do to assist you

Please look in the top right corner for the purple envelope and accept my private message

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos