Menu
Bailmeister
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Made payment, does it go off my final bill for the month?

Hi, so I got billed for the month and seeing as it’s my first month, it was £159. I just made a payment of £127. Does that go towards paying my final bill? So then I’ll only need to pay £32? 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Made payment, does it go off my final bill for the month?

If your bill was £159 then that's what you should have paid.
0 Kudos
Bailmeister
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

• My direct debit date isn’t until the 17th so I still have time to pay off the rest. Is paying part of the bill using the ‘Make a payment’ option not a feature? 
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You might have just confused them so who knows what will happen, but as long as you pay the full amount by the due date I'm sure they won't mind.Don't be surprised if the payment is refused or something though and always allow at least a few days for your payment to be processed.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if your direct debit isn't modified and they request the entire £159...

Why not just pay the full amount when it was due? Or just leave everything for the automatic direct debit ?

0 Kudos
Bailmeister
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I tend to like paying things before the date just so I have a solid understanding of what money I’ll have left and if I can pay some of it early, I’d like to do that so it’s out of the way and I don’t have to worry.

That was all I had in my account seeing as I haven’t been paid yet. I guess I’ll see what happens and if it doesn’t get processed, hopefully I’ll get a refund 

0 Kudos
Bailmeister
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Never mind. A helpful individual from the support team just deducted the payment from my total balance so we’re all good here 😂 thanks for the help anyways guys. Appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if your bill was already generated the DD has already been requested and you'll still be charged the full amount.
Your over payment will go towards the next bill. Any payments MUST be made before the bill is generated as that is when the DD amount is processed to be sent to the bank
0 Kudos