Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

M500 upgrade no speed increase

Hi I’ve paid for a few speed increases over the years but never ever seen a speed increase.Now signed up to M500 and still can’t get past 92 Mbs Seen various posts about 60 second reset etc but no differences 

Any help most welcome 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 upgrade no speed increase

What equipment are you testing with ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi nicmupp,

Is you NIC card capable of speeds over 100mbps?

This link will show you how to check your NIC and the speeds it's capable of receiving network-adapter-speed-windows-10 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i am using hub 3 now in modem mode running through Netgear nighthawk R7000.I have tried reset back to hub 3 and then connected gaming pc direct to hub. 3.  Still same speeds

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes it maybe that your pc isn't capable of higher speeds. What other devices have you tried? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If using Windows 10 how can I check maximum speed the pc will run at.

On Ethernet properties it reads

Maximum transmission unit : 1500

link speed (Receive/Transmit) : 1000/1000 (Mbs)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again nickmupp,

With your reading of link speed (Receive/Transmit) : 1000/1000 (Mbs) your NIC card can access speeds up to 1GB.

It looks like it's time for you to post some router stats, by ethernet connected to the Hub3, not in modem mode, then the learned guys on here can help diagnose any issues.

Open a browser window and enter 192.168.0.1 don't log in, but click on Check Router Status

This will open up the status screen with 4 tabs along the top

Click on each tab in turn and copy paste everything in each tab into this thread.

It might be an idea to do a pinhole reset as well, and the guys would like to see a BQM which you can set up here BQM Monitor 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I hade the same issue with my R8000 when I upgraded to 500Mbps how I sorted it was disconnected router from hub 3.0 pin hole reset netgear R8000 router, plugged it back in then went on to R8000 web URL on a pc which was connected via ethernet and went throughout auto detect setup after setup was complete I was seeing speeds in access of 500Mbps to 518Mbps over wifi and ethernet 

My Broadband Ping - 500Mbps
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So managed to get the Hub 3 up to full speed on its own modem mode.But the Netgear Nighthawk  R7000 won’t have any of it.Went for master reset as you suggested but still running at around 90mbs on Nighthawk 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

This very much sounds like the cable running from the hub too the router has a Cat 5 cable on it, can you have a look at the cable and it should be marked on it what Cat cable it is you need a minimum of Cat 5e. If it is marked correctly then change the Ethernet cable they do go bad.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos