Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

M200 Outage Frustration.

My partner and I have been Virgin Media customers for nearly two years now and have never had any real issues until this week.  On Tuesday afternoon, our M200 connection dropped out.  I had experienced this before, so I went through the procedure.  I checked the Service Status (both online and via the more localised phone number).  I switched our Superhub 3 off and on.  I ran the online tests.  I reset the Superhub 3 back to factory settings.  Unfortunately none of these made any difference.  At this point. I booked an engineer to visit.  The earliest appointment that I could get was Friday morning.  Under normal circumstances, I would have been fine with this.

However, my partner is an NHS Key Worker, whose role is to provide video consultations to elderly patients from our home.  And this is where the frustration really began.  My first port of call was to telephone support.  After forty five minutes on hold, I spoke to an agent who confirmed that I needed an engineer to visit, but couldn't help prioritise our call.  She suggested that I make contact via the Live Chat.  So I did at 18:30 that evening.

At 08:22 the following morning, I got a response from a very helpful agent.  They stated that "I have gone ahead and filled in a form so that you will receive a call back from the field services team and they will arrange a technician visit within today itself."  I waited until 11:55, but my phone did not ring.  So I sent a follow-up message on the live chat.  Two hours passed and no response.  Just before 14:30 I took to Twitter and sent a tweet to the Virgin Media social team.  Over the course of two hours and seven replies they were able to tell me that there is a priority number for NHS workers to text and for my partner to contact her employer for it.  So she rang her IT department, but they had no record of such a number.

Through some Twitter searches I managed to get a text number to contact, so I sent a message.  That was around 16:30.  I have had no response to that.

It is now forty hours since we have lost our connection and another twenty-four hours before our scheduled engineer visit.  I still have not received any response from: -

The Field Services team - 24+ hours.
Live Chat - 21+ hours.
Text Message - 14+ hours.

With every communication I have pointed out the lack of connection is affecting an NHS service, but it seems that despite the promise given on https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/ways-to-stay-connected no-one seems to care.

I appreciate that I am unlikely to get any suggestions other than wait it out, but I needed to get that off of my chest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: M200 Outage Frustration.

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi . It can sometimes take a couple of days to get a response to the text service but they will look into it for you.

Meanwhile what is the status of the lights at the front of the router? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The power light cycles between solid green and flashing green.

The fibre connection light is flashing green.

The logs are showing T3 and T4 timeout issues.

(Received response to broadcast maintenance request but no unicast maintenance opportunities received. T4 timeout)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lee7seven,

Thank you so much for posting on the forums for help with your issue and welcome to the community 🙂

I'm truly sorry to hear about the experience you've had whilst trying to arrange for a technician to visit, it's really disappointing to hear that you're still no further forward in getting this resolved after all your contact. 

I've been unable to locate your account from the information you provided when joining the community, so I'm going to send you over a private message so I can take some details and look into this for you from there

You'll be able to find my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos