Menu
ceepeebee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

M200 - Considering M350 - SuperHub Question

Hi all,

I have M200 package (broadband only) currently, and I have a loyalty discount that allows me to upgrade to M350 for 18-months at zero additional monthly cost.

I might as well, but I believe I'm using a SuperHub 2 (VMDG490) and have a few questions. I use my router in modem-only mode as the rest of my networking setup needs to remain intact.

1. Do I 'need' a SuperHub upgrade for M350 to handle throughput? 
  2. Is the replacement a lift and shift process? Unplug, connect cable, power, etc, and away we go?
  3. Will I need to involve Tech Support to add the new MAC to their systems or will it come pre-assigned?
  4. Do I need any other form of "installation"
  5. If I click on the upgrade, will I just get a new Hub through the post?

I'm asking here as the only 2 other times I'd upgraded I've had zero communications and ended up using this or other forums to get somebody to give me an answer - might as well cut out the middle man 🙂

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: M200 - Considering M350 - SuperHub Question

You will need a Hub 3 or they may send you a Hub 4.

It is a simple replacement.

Any new Hub should be pre-activated but may take a phone call.

You current Wi-Fi devices will either need to be reconnected or the Hub SSIDs in the Hub changed to the same names as the current ones.

Replacement Hubs are delivered by carrier.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
ceepeebee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the answer. As stated in my original post, I use the SuperHub as a modem only so my internal network will remain the same, only the endpoint (SuperHub) will change.

One final question. If I upgrade today, will I continue using M200 until I replace my SuperHub or will my setup just [REMOVED] out as the new config will be pushed immediately? I suppose what I'm asking is, will I continue to be able to use M200 whilst on M350 whilst I await the Hub replacement>

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You will not go onto 350Mbs until the Hub 3 / Hub 4 is running.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos