Menu
Azimkar
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Low SNR, Low Speeds and constant issues.

I have been having issues with my Vivid 350/M350 connection for the past three months. Apparently there is an area issue today. I signed up for e-mail alerts and they said "It's been fixed" however I still have zero connection and can not even access my hub to give you a screenshot of power levels and SNR, even when my net is 100% stable I have an SNR in the low 30's and regardless of my connection speed that is the bare minimum VM Spec. My power levels all seem to be in check other than the glitch on the new firmware showing 4.5 instead of 45 for upstream. 

This same "area issue" happened around 2 weeks ago. I have also been getting fluctuating speeds all over the place well before these issues. 60mb/s, 150, 20, 10, 400, back to 60 etc. This is with a fully wired ethernet connection, tried on every port of the hub, to multiple laptops, along with the hub in both router and modem modes.

I have been on the phone to virgin and technical support has NEVER been helpful with these kinds of issues, especially the offshore team. I am avoiding the phone team from now on as I do not have time to waste. 

My hub constantly resets itself from modem mode back to router mode with no input whatsoever, it provides it's own WIFI signal and also throughput to my Asus router at times acting in both router and modem mode at the same time and is just being buggy in general. At the very least I am sure I need a new hub and an engineer to look at my connection. I assume a repull will be in order if they don't try to apply a band aid it with an in-line amplifier.

I am not really looking for feedback from the community with this post, this is more for the attention of the moderator team to get in touch via PM and arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low SNR, Low Speeds and constant issues.

Hi Azimkar, 

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch 🙂 

Really sorry you're having ongoing issues  with your broadband. 

I have managed to check at our end and there is an outage - F007125239, which will be impacting both broadband and TV service. It is currently estimated to be fixed on 21/06/19.

As there is a known area fault in your area we are unable to arrange any individual engineer appointments as we need allow the network team to clear the fault. This is to avoid unnecessary visits as any affected customers would have their services restored by the area fix. If you're still experiencing problems once the issue has been resolved we will be more than happy to carry out further diagnostics on your equipment/ service. 

Many thanks,

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Azimkar
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update on the fault. However my hub is clearly malfunctioning even outside of these issues, is it possible to get a replacement hub sent out at the very least and I will re-post for an engineer visit once the issue has been cleared. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Azimkar,

I'm afraid that we would need to wait for the area fault to be cleared before arranging for any further tests, visits or attempted fixes. If you're still experiencing issues once this is reported as resolved, we can certainly take another look at your services to arrange appropriate action. RF

0 Kudos
Azimkar
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello, according to my service status this fault has now been cleared, however I still have zero connection and the diagnostic test is telling me my equipment is "switched off" which it certainly is not. 

Please advise. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Azimkar, 

I have now sent you a private message so we can take a closer look at your account. 

Kind regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Azimkar
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Engineer was round yesterday and tried a few things however my issues have not resolved, SNR remains barely within specification at best and fluctuates all over the place along with speeds.

Can someone from the MOD team get in touch to advise me of the next step and re-book another engineer visit, thanks.

0 Kudos
Azimkar
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Connection is now completely out again. This is getting ridiculous, I am on the verge of switching to BT and taking the lower speeds at this point.

I will need another engineer visit a.s.a.p someone please contact me to arrange this.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did the engineer swop the hub out?

0 Kudos
Azimkar
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Connection is only just now back and Post RS errors are still going up, is anyone from the VM team going to respond to this? The previous MOD helping me out hasn't been online for days.

0 Kudos