Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lost broadband connection

Lost broadband at lunchtime today. Flashing green internet connection light on router. Looked at the logs and the timestamp suddenly changed from 27/05/2020 to 01/01/1970.

Probably this bizarre date change meant that the connection didn't pass validation and we got booted. Hopefully it gets fixed soon but no access to router at all now. Yellow power light but can’t access web interface.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost broadband connection

Hi, my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician

Please send me a private message, not reply or quick reply, with your account number and area code/ postcode and I'll look into it for you.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost broadband connection

When you see a date like that it does really mean that the hub has rebooted. It then tries to get the correct date from the VM CMTS. It does sometimes mean that the hub has received a firmware update.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos