cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service - F010806121

Nikolic
On our wavelength

Hi,

I’m looking to get an update on F010806121. I’ve had no service for 24 hours now, and the expected fix time has been pushed back 5 times already. From 4pm yesterday, to 7pm, to midnight, to 9am this morning, to 1pm and the latest is now 8pm today.

The only update I receive each time via text or the status page is either:

“We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way”

or

Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things” 

Neither of which are clearly true. Who do I need to contact for an accurate update and realistic fix time?

3 REPLIES 3

Nikolic
On our wavelength

Miraculously this has now been resolved! Thanks - this thread can be closed/deleted 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for updating the thread Nikolic 

It's great to see your connection issues are resolved now.

The 'fix' times are only estimated. Sometimes the fault is more serious than expected, it may need a road digging up,or they may have problems tracing the origin of the fault (sometimes it's due to customers installing their own cabling and which can affect  noise levels and can difficult to pinpoint the exact property causing this)

When yuo do have a problem and there's no fault showing online you should also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

waterfd
On our wavelength

Mine is still not working been down now for over 24hrs. This is a shambles. I will seriously look to move email but it will be such a faf.