Menu
Dingerbell
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Loss of earnings

Who do I contact for loss of earnings please .

Work is going outside my drive and unable to go and do my jobs today,they never knocked on the door to ask if we wanted to move our vehicles or nothing.

I'm self employed locksmith and get emergency calls and today I'm losing money because of you .

Please advise.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of earnings

Hi you have posted on a public forum I doubt virgin will reply on here, I would consult your solicitor or local citizens advice bureau, presumably you have taken pictures as proof etc.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If your gates are being obstructed you should call the local authority. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

and i assume you asked them to move so you can get out

post some pictures of the work and drive they will help staff when they get to the post

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Dingerbell wrote:

Who do I contact for loss of earnings please .

Work is going outside my drive and unable to go and do my jobs today,they never knocked on the door to ask if we wanted to move our vehicles or nothing.

I'm self employed locksmith and get emergency calls and today I'm losing money because of you .

Please advise.

did you actually speak to them to provide access?
however, there is no requirement to provide loss of earnings due to streetworks that are council approved.

you could try taking it to court but you'll end up spending more in solicitors fees than what you probablt lost in work, and you would be unlikely to win any such case.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why didn't you challenge the workmen when they first arrived? If anyone started work outside my gates I would insist on getting my car out and parked it in the road.  Even if they had started digging they could have put covers across the hole while you drove over it.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s always best to challenge people about problems at the time, it’s a nightmare to get sorted out afterwards. Just look at the number of people on the board who say my hub is in the wrong place or the cable is too short. Easily rectified at the time, costly afterwards. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

society seems to be about complaining in public about something after it has happened, rather than just trying to resolve the issue there and then with polite intelligent discussion.

it's the "where there's blame there's claim" breed.
0 Kudos