cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to install Virgin - new build?

Ryan117
Joining in

I moved into a new build site 7 years ago and enquired about virgin then. Apparently not available on my area. I have been with sky since. I went to check again today and website still says not in my area. Everywhere else in the town apart from the new build complex would appear to have access to virgin.

Can someone DM to see if there is a way of finding out if I can get virgin at my address? My internet is currently fibre serviced via openreach, swish fibre have also recently installed on the site.

Thanks, Ryan

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless there is a good Business model for running VM services into your area, they will not do it for one person.  Why not see how many properties would be willing to take on Virgin services, and feed this back to VM?

Also as there are also two other FTTP providers already, the rest of the properties may not be bothered to go with VM?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ryan117 wrote:

I moved into a new build site 7 years ago and enquired about virgin then. Apparently not available on my area. I have been with sky since. I went to check again today and website still says not in my area. Everywhere else in the town apart from the new build complex would appear to have access to virgin.

Can someone DM to see if there is a way of finding out if I can get virgin at my address? My internet is currently fibre serviced via openreach, swish fibre have also recently installed on the site.

Thanks, Ryan

The only way you will get VM in new builds at the moment is if the construction company installs all the infrastructure required as part of the estate build. If your house builder did not partner with Virgin you have little chance of any immediate change. Most new housing estates either

1) Remain in the ownership of the building agent, so are effectively Private Roads, which VM won’t touch with a barge pole.

2) Have a Local Authority embargo imposed for a set number of years. This effectively prevents any company from digging up all the brand new tarmac for everything except emergency repairs.

Much of VMs existing infrastructure is years old HFC network, which cannot be expanded & is not suitable for duct sharing with other providers.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks